The Please Count Me project is a community website for Americans to self report their employment status. This is a non-partisan site focused on a facts based, community reported reality. By allowing the unemployed, under-employed, and super-employed to self-report status through this website, we hope to affect policy that will lead to an America that works, with more Americans working.
This human-centered project has a five aims:
- Work toward a future where people can wake up each day to make meaning while contributing to secure their own future.
- Shift the perceptions of politicians, media, organizations and the public about the state of the American workforce.
- Challenge policy makers and organizations to put people and communities first.
- Empower policy makers with information to make better decisions.
- Provide a platform for ideas to get people back to work.